Saturday 12 February 2011

General News at Exhibitions

 

Well the first three Shows of 2011 are completed - Sandown Park, Exeter and Manchester.  Sandown Park came as a bit of a shock - after a break I found myself standing there thinking how do I put the stand up!

Here we have the before and after Sandown Park photos.  It really was a case of where do I start!  Its a good job its only a small stand.

Sandown was a reasonable start to the season but I did have the feeling that several people would arrive on the Sunday morning.  This was the first year the show ran from Thursday to Saturday.  However it was nice for us to finish on a Saturday night and have Sunday clear.  And, how much quieter that drive back is on a Saturday compared to a Sunday.









Exeter came next, which was good, albeit very cold - as I know customers will agree.  Its the first time I have worked on a stand in a coat all day.  The show got warmer as time went on and by Saturday it was fine.  Exeter really is such a nice show to do - easy to set up etc and again with a Saturday drive back it was a dream.  It was nice to be back at this January show again - I have only been able to do it once before as the dates have clashed.  Unfortunately it looks like a date clash again next year - so I will just have to wait and see.


 Then of course last weekend was Manchester.  This is the last time at Manchester Central (more commonly known by its old name of G-Mex.  For the future the Manchester Shows are being transferred to Trafford Park (starting with the Autumn one 2011).   It is a venue I will not miss (the venue really did try to make it as difficult as possible to work there).  I will however miss Manchester itself - particularly my visits to China Town!

And how about this for a Staircase!  It is in the Britannia Hotel in Manchester and this is looking down from the 4th floor.  (You may have seen it in Michael Portillo's Railway TV Programme).  It really is an impressive sight.

Thought while I was at G-Mex for the last time I ought to record it with a photo.
I think I took this one on the Sunday morning.  Sometimes its difficult to believe that this Venue was once a railway station.









Well I have this weekend off - hence the catch up on the blog.  Next week I have a new venue to try - Braintree in Essex - which is replacing the Excel Show.  I am even able to stay with friends this weekend which will be lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to meeting you and gaining some inspiration for this wonderful product at the SECC in Glasgow!

    ReplyDelete