Thursday 5 April 2012

3D Dimensional Medium for Mixed Media

I have only recently taken on, and been working with this product and I love it.  It is a 3 Dimensional Medium which when heated with the heat gun expands to produce brilliant 3D texture.  The sample photos show it 'splodged' at random onto Lutradur and then heated to cause the 3D and also distress the Lutradur.  I have then heated some Friendly Plastic and pushed the Lutradur into it - and it gives the impression that the Friendly Plastic has 'splashed' onto the surface (the Burnt Orange at the top left and the Deep Red at the bottom right of the top photo).

I coloured the piece after I had heated the 3D Medium on the Lutradur, using Shimmer Sprays (which I will be taking into stock in due course).  I then highlighted the 3D Medium with the Multi Surface Paints.  By the way if you want to build up very thick layers it is a good idea to build up several thin layers - heating between each layer.  It can also be stitched 24 hours after curing and also hand washed.  (Instructions are on the side of the pot)

I am currently working with the 3D Medium directly onto a canvas (the box canvas type).  When it is finished I will post the photo for you to see (but I cannot say how long that will be!!!)  And, by the way, it is not just restricted to fabrics/canvas it also works well on paper and card, and through stencils if you want a regular image.

No comments:

Post a Comment